Tiny Dart Frog

Poison Dart Frogs are some of the tiniest and beautiful creatures on the planet; they are also incrediably deadly. So, why call this blog "Tiny Dart Frog"? It goes back to the old adage - good things come in small packages. We are all created exactly as God has intended - unique, strong, and beautiful.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

An Amazing Time


Recently I ran the Boston Marathon, which has been a dream of mine since the 10th grade.  When I returned many, many people asked me, "How was the race?"

My response was almost always something to the effect of:
"It was GREAT!  My time wasn't that great though.  I ran 8 minutes slower than my usual marathon pace."

And then I proceeded to talk about how exhilarating it is to stand at the start line with 25, 000 other runners, to run the oldest marathon around, to struggle and conquer Heartbreak Hill(s), to spend the weekend with one of my best friends, to have a chance to relax....

It isn't often that I wake up and know that today a dream will be fulfilled.

One time I went through this - reliving all the amazing pieces of my marathon experience and ended it with, "So, it was great even if my time wasn't."

The person responded, "Sounds to me like your 'time' was amazing."

Hmm...that's right.  That is spot on, I thought.  My time was amazing.  Bookend life with that...you can't actual quantify 'time' if you look at it that way.

So, yes, I was a bit slower - chalk it up to really steep hills or taking in the scenery.  Whatever.  I had an amazing time.

1 comment:

  1. Can't think of a better definition of the difference between "Kairos" and "Chronos." You had a great time at the marathon can mean two very different things.

    ReplyDelete