Tiny Dart Frog

Poison Dart Frogs are some of the tiniest and beautiful creatures on the planet; they are also incrediably deadly. So, why call this blog "Tiny Dart Frog"? It goes back to the old adage - good things come in small packages. We are all created exactly as God has intended - unique, strong, and beautiful.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Freefall

The other evening I went for a bike ride... The previous few days had been incredibly busy and I needed a stress release.  Normally I run...it's definitely my first choice when it comes to letting it all go.  However, there is an aspect of biking that doesn't happen much with running.

It's the freefall.  You know, the point where you ride up this huge hill - pushing, straining, laboring.... and then on the other side, when you reach the summit - there it is: the freefall.  I love this!

I pause just before letting my pedals go - just so I am ready to take in the rush of air, the speed, the freedom, the weightlessness.  For  me that feeling I get is how I envision "freedom in the LORD".  It's purely living.  Worrying about nothing.  Doing nothing wrong - enjoying everything right.

The one other time I have this same sense of weightlessness is during the last 5 minutes of church.  When I used to sit in the congregation, I waited for this part.  I knew it was coming and I would relax my shoulders, breathe deeply, shut my eyes, and wait...for the weightlessness when I heard:

"Now may the LORD bless you and keep you.  May the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you.  May the LORD look upon you with favor and give you peace."

Ahhh....freedom.  Really - it's my favorite part.  And it really does feel like a rush for me.

It's the sun shining, spirit blowing, and the hand of God all rolled into one...
Go ahead....let it go.  God's got your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment