Tiny Dart Frog

Poison Dart Frogs are some of the tiniest and beautiful creatures on the planet; they are also incrediably deadly. So, why call this blog "Tiny Dart Frog"? It goes back to the old adage - good things come in small packages. We are all created exactly as God has intended - unique, strong, and beautiful.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

MAINT REQD

I've been looking at a little orange light on my dashboard for, oh....about 4 weeks.  The light says,



"MAINT REQD". 

Maintenance required.
Really? 
I looked down at my odometer which read, "52,000".  I figure that light's just on telling me I'm over-do for my 50,000 mile check.  "No big deal," I think.

Then I looked at the sticker on my windshield which also told me I was overdue for an oil change~by 2000 miles.  "Hmmm..probably still okay, but better put that on my to-do list," I think.


This morning I climbed in my car and another light was on.

Out of windshield wiper fluid.

"Okay, okay," I thought, "I get the message."

My poor van.  I do this all the time - push things to the limit and then wonder why they conk out on me.

Just before I climbed in my car this morning I had had a conversation with a friend about taking care of himself - getting sleep, taking a break.  My whole logic was if you just keep pushing and pushing, then...you're not going to be effective.  Essentially, you're going to break down and not run.

I am one to talk though...I forget my limits often.  We all do, don't we?  We forget our "personal maintenance," whether that's exercise, sleep, prayer, time with family, days off - the list could go on. 

So, when I take my van in and I have to sit there in the chilly Jiffy Lube, I'm going to try to remember that it's not just my van that needs maitenance.  I'm going to try to take that time as an opportunity for my personal maintenance.

MAINT REQD...don't let the lights begin to flash before something is done.

And, yes, I'm hoping the gas light's not on when I climb in later on this evening...haven't checked that in awhile either.

No comments:

Post a Comment