Tiny Dart Frog

Poison Dart Frogs are some of the tiniest and beautiful creatures on the planet; they are also incrediably deadly. So, why call this blog "Tiny Dart Frog"? It goes back to the old adage - good things come in small packages. We are all created exactly as God has intended - unique, strong, and beautiful.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Gifts

There are many times I feel like I am failing as a mom, but then there are those moments when my kids in their own little ways assure me that I am doing ok.

Each night after prayers I trace the sign of the cross on my kids' heads and say, "I love you every minute of every day." Normally they just smile - which is enough. Last night though, I did my normal ritual and Jackson said, "I know that, every minute of every day."

What a gift. I am so thankful he knows that - that he knows it deep in his heart, even on the days when I have probably yelled too much or been too impatient.

Then, as I was climbing into bed I saw a note on my pillow from Carter, my oldest. It said:
"Mom, thank you so much for the candy bar. It was delicious! You are great! Love, Carter." Below that was a huge smiley face.

Another gift. Sometimes it's nice to know that someone thinks we're great.

It's amazing how attuned kids are to the needs of others - somehow they each knew what to give me. I pray I see what they need....

No comments:

Post a Comment